Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend


I was pumped up on Friday starting this. Sincerely hoping for some positive changes!

Friday I went out in the city for a friend’s birthday. I met her for dinner and drinks. I ended up bailing before they made it to the bars. I was proud though to have the energy to make it down there! Traffic was horrible due to Lollapalooza. I spent an hour and a half driving down (I think this was my downfall). I wonder if anybody else has that problem. Sitting in an office job every day is bearable because I can get up to walk around if I need to. Being stuck in a car for longer than an hour…can be complete torture. By the time I left the city to drive home (in the car for another hour) I was pretty sick. I am trying to get better at categorizing the pain levels. This was definitely a moderate pain. Pat arrived home right around when I did. He has been working crazy hours lately. It took me taking about six Aleve to be comfortable. I hate talking more than four. Back to the non-endo related. Friday was a lot of fun! I met new people, had a chance to celebrate with a friend. I wish I had the energy to stay out later. But it was the first time I remember going out like that in like a month (if you knew me you would understand, my nickname used to be social butterfly, I love going out with friends). On a sad note Pat asked me on Friday if I was upset with him. He has picked up on this sadness I have been fighting and thought it was related to him. I could have cried when he asked me that. I have never been happier or more excited about a relationship. We are planning our wedding. It is just a fight to shake off this ‘sadness’ when I am in pain nearly every day lately.

Saturday and Sunday were nice. Spent some quality time with both of our families. Last night I was not feeling too great (mild cramping). I did find my old hot water bottle. I slept with that on my tummy and it worked. I was proud of myself for not taking any pain killers.

My old doctor’s office called me this morning. They finally have my medical records ready for pickup. I am dropping them at my new doctor’s office tomorrow. I am very excited for whatever Friday will bring. I have yet to start eating better…I cheated and had Portillo’s today. We are finishing moving to my condo this week. Tenants are moving into Pats place on Saturday. A week from today I am hoping to buckle down. I will spend most nights this week going back and forth moving small things. Should be a fun week ;-)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment